Using "Speakeasy" speed test on my Rogers Extreme Cable advertised at
15Mbs/1Mbs I get
24.62 Mbs./998Kbs from their server in New York. It seems I get more speed
than I signed up for.
The point I am trying to make was than before tuning the Tcpip the
connection was much slower.
The most important change is to the "GlocbalMaxTcpWindow" parameter which
windows has optimized for a LAN connection
with high bandwidth and low latency. With Broadband connections the
Bandwidth x Latency product is very different.
Tuning this parameter enables a buffer large enough to hold enough data
before sending a Ack back to the server before timing out due to the
excessive latency. This is a very short explanation of a complex subject but
nobody ever said that Windows was very fast over the internet and this
works.

All the best ....Henry

--
*Henry L. Coleman *