Getting back to this finally.

Here are some details on how I am attemting to set up the 2nd EXT port as a
PPP link:

EXTIF=eth0

EXTIP="96.56.230.78"
EXTNM="255.255.255.248"
EXTGW="96.56.230.73"

EXT2IF=ppp0

#EXT2IP="dhcp"
#EXT2NM="255.255.255.0"
#EXT2GW="68.236.211.11"

PPPOEUSER="<username>"
PPPOEPASS="<password>"
PPPOEIF="eth1"
PPPOEKERNEL="yes"
PPPOEDEBUG="yes"

Upon rebooting with this configuration, I find that I don't have a
eth0,eth1, or ppp0 connection:

sk3 ~ # ifconfig
eth2      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:24:CB:01:32
          inet addr:192.168.17.78  Bcast:192.168.17.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:24112 (23.5 KiB)  TX bytes:36135 (35.2 KiB)
          Interrupt:9 Base address:0xe300

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

Other attempts:

I've experimented with the definition of EXT2IP/NM/GW, with no apparent
change.. Ultimately, I've left them commented out since they should be
assigned as part of the ppp setup in any event.

I switched eth0 and eth1, making the ppp link on eth0.  End up with the same
interface configuration as above.

Any thoughts would be welcome.  I've been tracing the network script
(S03Network) that is invoked during startup.  I don't have any intelligent
observations on that yet, so I will refrain from speaking on that process
till I understand what's going on there.

rb

Ron Byer Jr.
NetWeave Integrated Solutions, Inc.
+1.732.786.8830 x120