All,

It's said that the world's biggest problems could easily have been solved when they were little. I'm noticing a problem with my Astlinux installation that I hope is one of those easily-solved, little ones. However, without your advice, I suspect it will snowball into far bigger trouble. I'm hope you can help.

When 0.6.2 first came out, I made a fresh-install on a headless, i586 clone. The hardware had run 0.4.8 for quite some time with no troubles. When 0.6.3 came out, I followed these instructions for an apparently flawless upgrade.

      1. 'mount -o remount,rw /oldroot/cdrom'
      2. Download the new files.  The upgrade files would be
   astlinux-XXX.tar.gz. For example, if the release is 0.6.0, the files
   will be distributed as astlinux-0.6.0-<ARCH>.tar.gz.  You could
   download these files onto a client PC or on your AstLinux device (in
   an area with enough free space)
      3. Expand the archive:  tar -xzvf astlinux-0.6.0-<ARCH>.tar.gz
      4. cd astlinux-0.6.0-<ARCH>; cp * /oldroot/cdrom/os (if
   downloaded and decompressed on your client PC, you'll want to use a
   tool to scp the files to the AstLinux device.

Now that 0.6.4 is out, I tried to upgrade using the web instructions (below) but received this error, "Unable to find Runnix partition." Lacking that, I tried the command-line instructions. At the first step, I received the following error:

   findfs: Unable to resolve 'LABEL=RUNNIX'
   Unable to find Runnix partition.

I then reverted to the old, trusty, 0.6.2 instructions that I'd used before (above) and was greeted with the following error following the first step:

   pbx_2 cdrom # mount -o remount,rw /oldroot/cdrom
   mount: can't find /oldroot/cdrom in /proc/mounts
   pbx_2 cdrom #

I also noticed that there is no 'os' directory under /oldroot/cdrom.

Does this problem sound familiar? Is it easily fixed? Or would I be better served just starting from scratch with a fresh 0.6.3 install?

Thanks for considering my question.

~ Dan

Darrick Hartman wrote:
The AstLinux Team is happy to announce that AstLinux 0.6.4 is available. All users of AstLinux are encouraged to upgrade since this release fixes the recently reported security vulnerability in Asterisk 1.4.23.1

Right now a mix up on the Sourceforge site is preventing us from uploading full install versions, but current users of 0.6.2 or 0.6.3 can upgrade to 0.6.4 by using either the 'upgrade-run-image' script from the command line or the "upgrade firmware" option in the web interface. New versions of the full install will be available as soon as possible on the Sourceforge site.

Changes:

Asterisk 1.4.24 is included which fixes several bugs and at least one security issue

Asterisk-gui was updated to svn 4618

netsnmp was updated to 5.3.2.3

The web interface was upgraded to add several features/improvements

An arno-upgrade-firewall script was added to break this away from an init change. This won't really affect users of 0.6.x until they move to 0.7.x which uses a newer version of Arno's firewall. When the time comes, we'll explain the importance. A serial number file was added to trace the version of the firewall config files.

To upgrade from the command line:

1).  upgrade-run-image check http://mirror.astlinux.org/firmware
2).  upgrade-run-image upgrade http://mirror.astlinux.org/firmware
3).  reboot as instructed

To upgrade from the web interface:

1).  Navigate to the system tab on the web interface
2). Select "check for new", select the confirm box, and click the Firmware button. 3). Select "upgrade with new", select the confirm box, and click the Firmware button.
4).  Reboot by checking that confirm button and clicking "Reboot".

Enjoy

The AstLinux Team