Tom,

If you're seeing verification failed, my best guess is you are out of
space on the vfat partition (because an old revision which wasn't
controlled by the automatic update script was never removed).  The
download truncated and because the download truncated, the sha1sum check
fails.

Perhap Lonnie could confirm that this is a possibility?

Labelling right now will require pulling the CF card because we do not
include a utility to do dos/vfat file system labelling.  Note that the
official images created from 0.6.2 onward have vfat labels for the
runnix partition.

I believe you need 'mlabel' which is part of mtools.

mlabel -i /dev/sdb1 ::Label

http://machine-cycle.blogspot.com/2007/11/format-and-label-fat32-external-disk.html

Darrick

>>> 2).  upgrade-run-image upgrade http://mirror.astlinux.org/firmware