Cleve,

It's there.  It doesn't have to be used and infact you must go through
some hoops to find it.  It's purposely that way until deemed stable with
Astlinux.

The problem seem to 'go away' when moving to the trunk version of
Astlinux.  Likely related to a kernel level change.  I'm not going to
waste time trying to determine the cause to a problem that goes away
with a new release.

The Asterisk-gui continues to evolve and I've been updating to the
latest svn version available when I cut an Astlinux release.  We include
what's available from Asterisk-gui 2.0 branch.  The latest 'release' was
2.0.4 which is known to have some issues.

Regards,

Darrick