>  > mISDN is a bit of an unknown to most of the developers.
>
>I appreciate that, Darrick. I'm also posting on the mISDN and
>ISDN4Linux lists to try to get ISDN-specific help, as well as on the
>OpenVox forum. The question I was hoping the Astlinux list might be
>able to answer could be rephrased as:
>
>- What do the Astlinux startup scripts do with the ISDN_MODPROBE value
>in rc.conf (or user.conf)?
>
>Or even more basically, and I can try to work out the rest:
>
>- Which Astlinux script parses the values in user.conf at start-up?
>
>The answer to that question might be able to help me work out my
>question of whether hfcmulti is loaded using modprobe directly as a
>result of the ISDN_MODPROBE value, or wether misdn-init.conf is used.
>
>Thanks
>
>Tom

Hi Tom,

I use mISDN: you need the ISDN_MODPROBE variable in "user.conf".
The script "/etc/init.d/asterisk" checks and starts misdn-init.

But you also have to set the right port parameters in
"/mnt/kd/misdn-init.conf" (that way it is permanent/also checked by
the asterisk scipt). I think the parameters in misdn-init.conf are
relvant.

And lastly in "/etc/asterisk/misdn.conf". This is similar to
zaptel.conf/zapata.conf.

Here a link (the docu is not very acurate :-)):
http://www.misdn.org/index.php/Configuring_mISDN

Michael