Chris,

I thought the non-gui instructions were on the doc site.  I see they are
not.

Here's the recommended method if not using the gui:

Use this through step 4.

http://doc.astlinux.org/userdoc:new-install

Then:

fdisk /dev/hda (or whatever your device is)
create a new partition that fills up the rest of the CF card (default
linux partition type is fine)

reboot

login then run 'genunion /dev/hda2' (assuming the partition you created
above was on /dev/hda).

CAREFULLY follow the prompts.  You should say 'yes' when appropriate to
copy files to the unionfs partition, then reboot as it says at the end
of the script.

The immediate next time you reboot, it should again generate the ssh
keys, but this time, they will go into the unionfs partition.

We need to get a non-gui set of instructions on the documentation
website too.  I use this method for setting up nearly all of my systems.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC