Chris,

I don't use the gui to do the initial install on any of my systems.
There is no reason why you should need to use the gui to get this working.

Using php with mini-httpd can be a little tricky.  You may need a
php.ini file in the same directory as your .php files and the .php files
need to be executable.

In any case, the gui does nothing if you don't interact with it (so to
answer your question, it would use no additional resources).

Out of curiosity, what sort of things are you doing with the Aastra?  I
would love to see if you could sanitize and share your scripts.

Darrick

Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC
http://www.djhsolutions.com