>Hey there.. im Still trying to figure out how to
>change the default baud rate of ttyS1 on a
>soekris board to 1200 baud..
>
>Ive tried using sty  and it doesn¹t Œtake¹ it
>will still be 9600 baudŠ  where is that set in
>the boot process? Is there a file I can modify
>to achieve the change?

What about about setting the "stty" command in "/mnt/kd/rc.elocal"?

Maybe could also can setup somethin in "/etc/inittab":
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Serial/serial-console.html

>I am also wanting to make the ttyS0 port a PPP
>dialup server..  a potential site where I want
>to use astlinux has no internet access so I¹ll
>need to use a Modem to access that box..  of
>course console access is easy I can just connect
>to the serial port on the soekris..  but I need
>to be able to transfer files..  so I want to be
>able to dial in with dialup networking to
>connect to it via IP to send it new MOH files,
>greetings, etc on occasionŠ
>
>Is this doable on astlinux?  Im running custom
>builds so I can compile in any modules I might
>need..  ive just never set this up on astlinux
>before..
>
>-Christopher

Please report, if you get it working, because I'm
also interested in PPP dialup support :-).

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info