Am 08.02.2013 um 09:40 schrieb Tom Chadwin:

> In that case, can someone point me towards a decent reference site for
> migrating from 1.4 to either supported version (and give me an idea as to
> which version it would be most sensible to select)? I’ve been put off
> upgrading in the past because I couldn’t get better info than “there are lots
> of changes, and macros are gone”.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

the easiest is to look into the Asterisk source package or svn [1] [2] for the
CHANGES and UPGRADE*.txt files.
Macro is "deprecated", but still is included and works in Asterisk 11. But it's
no problem to switch to GoSub with parameters.

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info

[1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.8/
[2] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/11/