Hi Michael,

My Qotom Q190G4N-S07 is running 24/7 in my lab, if there is anything unusual
I'll report back here.

I'm thinking for production simply ignore the VGA console and use SSH or
HTTPS/CLI tab for shell access.  Have a VGA monitor/keyboard in the lab for
initial setup.

If you really need non-network console access, years ago I purchased a ...

KVM Console to USB 2.0 Portable Laptop Crash Cart Adapter
https://www.amazon.com//dp/B002CLKFTQ/

too expensive to recommend, but I have not found any competing products, and
allows me to create PNG snapshots of the VGA screen for the documentation.
Sadly the Mac OS software does not generate a <DEL> so I also have to also use
a real keyboard to gain access to the BIOS. :-(  It is kind of quirky, but
works.

The internal Qotom Q1900G4 board has a serial option, but there is no header to
attach a cable.

BTW, it appears Qotom offers quality RAM and mSATA SSD's, so ordering a
pre-populated unit with 2 GB RAM and 16-32 GB mSATA SSD might be a good option
for multiple production units.

While the 4 core, 2.0 GHz Intel J1900 provides a good sweet-spot (and headroom)
for typical AstLinux solutions, I'm not sure how long the J1900's will be
available from Intel, at lease two more years, longer if Qotom has a stockpile.
 The Qotom Q1900G4 board is relatively new, so I hope they can build these for
years to come.

Lonnie