Hello ppl ;-)

Sorry for not sending patches lately (i've got a few to send) but my
schedule is really tight (exams @ uni again + lab work). I've been
thinking we should start organizing wiki etc to better focus on
current problems:

a) Create a list of all hw-related functions and how well they
work/match compaired to their binary alternatives for each chip (both
from madwifi's hal and ndiswrapper dumps -seems we can get beautiful
dumps from ndiswrapper/atheros's windows driver. I'll look more into
it and update wiki on how to do it).

b) Gather all regdumps in one place, cleaned up/sorted per function etc.

c) Create a supported chips list along with description on what we
miss, what works etc (one page per mac/phy chip with user experiences,
links to above dumps etc).

d) (far away) Start writing specs from what we have.

I'm up for it but it'll take some time, also i don't know which wiki
to use (is ath5k.org's wiki ready or should i start on madwifi's wiki
and then move them ?).

Just to let you know i'm currently checking out eeprom + txpower stuff
and cleaning up the code (mostly rate tables / interrupt handling). I
also have some thoughts on the interrupt handler (you might have seen
my previous mail about per tx queue interrupts -plz if you haven't
take a look at it and post any comments you have, i really wonder why
both madwifi and ath driver use TXDESC and EOL interrupts for tx
queues while interrupt handler doesn't handle them). I hope i'll be
able to post my patches during Christmas because they need testing and
because i'm gathering as many dumps as i can from cards i have
(5210/5211/5212/5413). I'm optimistic that i'll have txpower working
by then, after that i believe we can declare version 0.2.0 since most
basic hw functions will work and we can have a more stable driver.

Until then it's good to gather as many regdumps as possible for all
cards in a/b/g/turboa/turbog modes to create initial settings tables
(so we can later study them better). For 5414 we miss dumps for turbog
mode so plz if anyone has such card, try getting some dumps as
described in wiki (testbed). For 5424/2424 we have no dumps for all
modes (a/b/g) and we really need some.

We also need to see what's going on with Pavel's and Majo's cards and
why they return nothing (figure out the right wakeup sequence or
something like that).

Also it would be great if someone created a program/script that gets
dumps for a/b/g/turboa/turbog modes from separate files, and generated
ath5k_ini_mode/ath5k_ini_rf tables (as in initvals.c/phy.c) (Bruno can
you do your script-magic once again ?).

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)