Andrea Tarasconi a écrit :
| Dear Sir/Madam,
|
|         even if we have an official TLA with Atheros, we cannot have the
| needed support about few RF Register usage, so we are looking for
| somebody giving us the needed support.
|
| What support we are looking for the Atheros AR5414
| =======================================
| The support we need to sombody very well knowing the Atheros chip-set
| are both related to the RF Registers (not documented):
|
| - Operating in the 802.11a mode, how to move the base systhetized
| frequency to 4600 or 4700 MHz and how to move to 5500 or 5600 MHz
| instead of the 4800 MHz default.
|
| - How to change the RF channel stepping from the standard 2.5 and 5 MHz
| stepping to a  more fine 1 and 2 MHz stepping.
|
| Unfortunately there is no official documentation about and we were not
| able to guess the correct numbers to write into the RF registers because
| the structure of the RF Registers is very complex and quite completely
| not documented!
|
| Any help will be appreciated.
|
| *A reward of 5000 USD will be provided to who will be able to give us
| the two solutions (just the consultancy), otherwise a reward of 2000 USD
| will be provide to who will give us only one solution.*
|
| Please feel free to forward this email to anybody you think may be able
| to help us directly or indirectly forwarding to others.
|
| Thank you again for your cooperation.
| Kind regards,
| Andrea
|

| Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
| Best regards,
|
| Dr. Andrea Tarasconi, Technical Director (CTO).
|
|             Direct phone: +39 0522 9483.22
|             Mobile: +39 335 8049677
|             E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
| Essentia S.p.A. ? Telecomunicazioni & Sicurezza
|
| Head Quarter: Via G.B. Vico, 29 - 42040 Cella (RE), Italy
| Phone: +39 0522 9483.11 - Fax: +39 0522 9483.33
| Worldwide Web: www.essentia.it <http://www.essentia.it/> - E-mail:
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Andrea,

This looks like an unusual request! What you are searching looks quite
interesting even if I won't be able to give you the answer. I just have
few questions:

* I quickly read the atk5k source code and apparently, only the 4920 -
6100 Mhz is supported by the PHY. Does your chipset already work at
4800Mhz and you want to move to the 4600 - 4700 MHz band?

* RF stepping of 1 MHz would mean that you will be able to set the
frequency to 4601, 4602, 4603 MHz, right? Or do you mean the channel
bandwidth (typical : 20Mhz, can be change to 5 or 10 MHz AFAIK) ?

Adding the ath5k people since they might have better knowledge of this
topic.

Regards,
Benoit
PS: Is paypal accepted to get the money? :-)