Dear Andrea,

Normally in all Wireless products, there is the Wireless chipset like
atheros, and there is the PA, PA is the power amplifier  that take low
signal from the wireless chipset and convert it to higher gain (Like
SiGe for example)

As I understand, the Atheros chipset have internal clock with internal
PLL, where the driver can change the setting within the supported limit
of the hardware PLL used.

on the other hand you need the PA to support that frequency range as well.

Currently there is two options to change the frequency:

1)Make sure the PLL and the PA support it, and change the driver to
handle it.

2)Use a frequency convertor just after the Atheros and before the PA,
with the right PA as well. (XR9 example from UBNT)

I work with WiMAX before and it was similar to Wifi, so you need to
check your hardware chipsets used, including the PA  and then decide on
which option you can take.

I am new with Atheros I think people will correct me if I am wrong, but
I think Atheros handle from 4.9 to 6GHZ only, and it can't handle
frequencies below this without using the frequency conversion.

Louay

Louay Sakka
CEO
LinoWave Corp