Nick Kossifidis wrote:
> I uploaded a compat-wireless snapshot with only ath5k enabled...
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mickflemm/compat-wireless-2008-07-03-ath5k.tar.bz2
>
> Check it out and see how it goes ;-)

WOW!

Tried it on top of 2.6.26. Connected to my university net via wpa_supplicant,
all ok. Tested with a dynamic-wep configuration and with an hidden SSID, works
ok.

This is a Toshiba U305 laptop, lspci:

06:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x
802.11abg
Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Askey Computer Corp. Unknown device [144f:7128]
        Memory at 88200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0
Enable-
        Capabilities: [60] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=1
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel

Thanks Nick! Kudos! I hope it will be pushed to 2.6.27!

Nitpicks:

1) I have problems with NetworkManager. It makes the connection and then shut
it
down immediately. Could be because I have this thing:

    wmaster0: unknown hardware address type 801

spew out by dhclient? Connecting by hand and ignoring NM _does_ work, though.

2) Maybe it's normal:

iwlist wlan0 scan as a normal user shows only associated SSID, while doing it
as
root shows all the ESSID availables. This did not happen with ndiswrapper...

Thanks, again!

--
La presente comunicación tiene carácter confidencial y es para el exclusivo uso
del destinatario indicado en la misma. Si Ud. no es el destinatario indicado,

This communication contains confidential information. It is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please
note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this message. Thank you for your cooperation.