Great, thanks - should include a Cc: sta...@kernel.org I think.

> let me know if you run into any problems with more testing.

Sure, will do.

> > > Changes-licensed-under: 3-Clause-BSD
> >
> > Hmm, I haven't noticed anyone doing that before: hope you're not
> > starting a trend!  I think you'll find (Documentation/SubmittingPatches)
> > that your Signed-off-by agrees to the Developer's Certificate of Origin
> > 1.1, which would put your patch under the same open source licence(s) as
> > drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/base.c already contains - that's the usual
> > case.
>
> I agree with all of the above, but the SFLC suggests we do it anyway.
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Wireless_Project_Suggests_Changes-licensed-under_Tag

Interesting, thanks a lot for the pointer.
I agree very much with Steve and Krzysztof.

I'd be inclined to think that adding such a line in some patches
would only tend towards making those which omit such a line more
questionable for use under the BSD licence i.e. would weaken the
BSD position rather than strengthening it as intended - though
the Signed-off-by should override even that tendency.

But it's certainly not an issue for my attention!

Hugh