On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com> wrote:
> Patrick McHardy has been working on patches for this feature
> for me.  I've hacked on it a small bit too, so he doesn't get all the blame.

Great, thanks for working on it!  Looks like you put a lot of work into it.

> lockdep warning on some race with handler callbacks.

What's the warning?

> soft-lockup in irq occassionally

Do you get a stack trace here?  (try booting with nmi_watchdog=1 if not).

> modprobe ath5k with nohwaccel=1  (I think that's the name...test system is

nohwcrypt=1... but it would be nice if we swapped in/out keys into the
hw crypto key cache based on vif.

> I would welcome inclusion of any/all of this code and/or help
> with debugging if anyone wants to give it a try.

Ok, well this change touches a lot of different things (mac80211 and nl80211
changes e.g. should at least be reviewed by the relevant maintainers).
So when you think it's ready, a good plan of attack is to split it up
into smaller patches that only do one logical change -- that will make
it easier to review.

Also note that the ath5k/9k merge hit wireless-testing yesterday evening
so the patch needs rebasing to apply on top of the current tree.  It'd
be nice if 9k and 5k did this stuff the same way; I think Jouni Malinen
posted VAP patches around 3/30 to linux-wireless for ath9k.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com