On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:51:19AM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> That would be ideal for us. I'm interested to know how information about
> the hw crypto key cache has been obtained - is it purely from reverse
> engineering the old Atheros HAL and the ath9k driver?

Yes, from looking at the open source hal, and ath9k code.

> Also can you give more information about the ath5k/ath9k merge? I
> browsed the git commit log for wireless-testing for the past few days
> but couldn't see a relevant commit. Is the idea to merge ath5k into
> ath9k at some point?

There will probably always be separate small drivers, but the idea is
that the atheros hardware is so similar that a lot of code can be shared
in ath.ko (for now just regulatory but crypto, rfkill, ani etc are other
good candidates).

See wireless-testing commit 47e0e99cc24632af4a9cccaba70808875e84a452,
"atheros: introduce ath module containing common ath5k/ath9k/ar9170 code"

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com