Thanks for reviewing this. I am curious, is there any driver you did
use that *did* give you proper results?
Unfortunatelly, we've had the R&S FSV analyzer (equipped with all the mobile protocol options including the 802.11a/b/g/n) borrowed only for 2 weeks, together with the R&S SMBV100A generator, which was also equipped with all the SW options.

The purpose of the borrow was to test the analyzer and compare it to our older FSP one, and also to learn what the generator can do. So we have spent most of the time by playing with these two wonderful toys and therefore we have done only few measurements with real WiFi devices.

Now we are filling an application for grant which would give us the budget for buying these machines here for permanent use, because being able to e.g. inject exact (=guaranteed by regular calibration) power levels of useful traffic or noise or adjacent channel traffic would be a big help when testing & debugging things like ANI...

BTW, has anybody from linux-wireless access to such specific measurement & test machines? I mean vector signal analyzers/generators equipped with WLAN options, produced by R&S, Agilent or NI ? I would be grateful for some tips and comparisons - the prices for R&S and Agilent and quite comparable, but I haven't seen the Agilent WLAN SW so am not sure what are the differences.

Just FYI, Orbit actually as set of external nodes as well.
I could not find anything about the external nodes on the Orbit web <http://www.orbit-lab.org/wiki/SandboxMap> so I have already sent them a question asking if there is chance to support this kind of setup.
Is there a link to this you can provide? You may want to submit it for
review to linux-wireless.
Lukas Turek's freshly finished MSc. project is written in Czech, but we will extract the essence of it into a conference paper format in English and we will sent this to the linux-wireless for a feedback.

Tomas