Hi Thomas (and all),

I have access to an Agilent VSA and VSG, but I don't have any basis for
comparing them with any other manufacturer's equipment.  If you have particular
questions, I'll do my best to answer them, but that's about all I can really
offer.

-Eric

Thus spake Tomas Dulik (du...@fai.utb.cz):

>  Thanks for reviewing this. I am curious, is there any driver you did
>  use that *did* give you proper results?
>
>    Unfortunatelly, we've had the R&S FSV analyzer (equipped with all the
>    mobile protocol options including the 802.11a/b/g/n) borrowed only for 2
>    weeks, together with the R&S SMBV100A generator, which was also equipped
>    with all the SW options.
>
>    The purpose of the borrow was to test the analyzer and compare it to our
>    older FSP one, and also to learn what the generator can do.  So we have
>    spent most of the time by playing with these two wonderful toys and
>    therefore we have done only few measurements with real WiFi devices.
>
>    Now we are filling an application for grant which would give us the budget
>    for buying these machines here for permanent use, because being able to
>    e.g. inject exact (=guaranteed by regular calibration) power levels of
>    useful traffic or noise or adjacent channel traffic would be a big help
>    when testing & debugging things like ANI...
>
>    BTW, has anybody from linux-wireless access to such specific measurement &
>    test machines? I mean vector signal analyzers/generators equipped with
>    WLAN options, produced by R&S, Agilent or NI ?
>    I would be grateful for some tips and comparisons - the prices for R&S and
>    Agilent and quite comparable, but I haven't seen the Agilent WLAN SW so am
>    not sure what are the differences.
>
>  Just FYI, Orbit actually as set of external nodes as well.
>
>    I could not find anything about the external nodes [1]on the Orbit web so
>    I have already sent them a question asking if there is chance to support
>    this kind of setup.
>
>  Is there a link to this you can provide? You may want to submit it for
>  review to linux-wireless.
>

>    Lukas Turek's freshly finished MSc. project is written in Czech, but we
>    will extract the essence of it into a conference paper format in English
>    and we will sent this to the linux-wireless for a feedback.
>
>    Tomas
>
>    Luis R. Rodriguez napsal(a):
>
>  2009/9/15 Tomas Dulik [2]<du...@fai.utb.cz>:
>

>  Dear All,
>
>  I address you - the developers of the ath5k driver - on behalf of all the
>  members of the Research & Development workgroup found by NFX (Neutral czFree
>  eXchange, the association of Czech non-commercial non-government free
>  networks).  The purpose of this long announcement is to explain our
>  motivation for starting a long term contribution to the ath5k development
>  and to declare our areas of interests, so you can react somehow before we
>  start the development (possibly duplicating somebody else's work or doing
>  something which would never make it into the Linux kernel).
>
>  After the ath5k project presentation made by Jiri Slaby at our
>  seminar/workshop in June, we finaly decided to support the ath5k development
>  by providing one full-time developer dedicated solely to the ath5k
>  development.
>

>  Wow great news!

> [...]

Eric W. Anderson                                   University of Colorado
eric.ander...@colorado.edu                      Dept. of Computer Science
phone: +1-720-984-8864                   Systems Research Lab - ECCR 1B54

                         PGP key fingerprints:
       personal: 1BD4 CFCE 8B59 8D6E EA3E  EBD5 4DC9 3E61 656C 462B
       academic: D3C5 D6FF EDED 9F1F C36D  53A3 74B7 53A6 3C74 5F12