Hi,

I don't know if you still remember, but I'm the developer Tomas Dulik wrote
about back in September. I had to finish some other tasks first, but now I
finally started hacking ath5k.

In my first tests I found a problem which is basically a showstopper for us:
performance in 802.11a mode is very bad. It's some problem with reception at
higher rates, at 48Mbit there's 30% to 70% packetloss, at 54Mbit even more.
However, there is no packetloss in 802.11g mode on the same rate. Madwifi in
the same setup works fine, both in a and g.

I did the test on current wireless-testing, but the problem wasn't caused by
any recent change, it's there at least since 2.6.30, probably all the time.
It was already reported in the list, but without any answer:
https://lists.ath5k.org/pipermail/ath5k-devel/2009-October/002788.html

I thought it might be related to ANI. I dug some patch in the mailing list:
https://lists.ath5k.org/pipermail/ath5k-devel/2009-March/002125.html

I had to adapt it to current sources, fix a small typo, but then it oopsed in
ath5k_hw_ani_attach with null pointer exception. I didn't debug it yet.
What's the state of this patch anyway? Did it ever work? Is there a newer
version somewhere?

And generally, do you have any idea what could cause the huge difference
between 802.11a and 802.11g performance, where should I look first?

Thanks,
Lukas Turek