Hi, Lukas and Nick
> I'm sending my own patch in a hope it will finally make it through.
Thanks.
I did brief test with the patch and those test results show the
throughput issues (receiving throughput of ath5k) was fixed. It's so great.
Thanks a lot, Lukas. (but with my cases, the problem was for 11g not for
11a )

While the receiving issue was solved, throughput of xmit from
ath5k platform went down to 9Mbps by some reason. (my test problem ?)
<sample config>
PC(iperf client) --> Ubiquity RS-Pro(ath5k) --> Ubiquity RS-Pro(ath5k)
--> PC(iperf server)

I think this has nothing to do with the patch ( should not) , and might be
caused by my some mistakes. I will check this again tomorrow.

anyway, thanks a lot Lukas.

takayuki Kaiso

https://lists.ath5k.org/pipermail/ath5k-devel/2009-September/002730.html

> < test scenario >
>   - iperf (UDP)  between  the PC(A) connected to Soekris 4826 with
> Madwifi-0.9.4 and
>        another PC(B) connected to Ubiquity RS-Pro with Ath5k
> (compat-wireless-2009-0820)
>   - IBSS ad-hoc wireless between Soekris 4826 and Ubiquity RS-Pro
>
>  < result >
>   1. when iperf packets go from PC(B) to PC(A), iperf UDP receiver
> showed up to 16Mbps
>       and loss is 0.0%   --> looks so great .
>
>  2.  change the flow direction and when iperf packets go from PC(A) to
> PC(B),
>       iperf UDP receiver showed following results.   (in this case ath5
> is receiver side )
>       (iperf -c x.x.x.x -u -b 12M -t 30 )
>
>    - 90% loss  (when sender(madwifi) set as "rate 54M fixed")
>    -  90% loss  (when sender(madwifi) set as "rate 48M fixed")
>    -  1% ~ 3% loss (when sender(madwifi) set as "rate 36M fixed")
>    -  0.2% ~ 0.7% loss (when sender(madwifi) set as "rate 24M fixed")
>    - 5%~20%    (when sender(madwifi) set as "rate auto")
>

> On 16.11.2009 15:06 Luka's( Turek wrote:
>
>> In my first tests I found a problem which is basically a showstopper for
>> us: performance in 802.11a mode is very bad. It's some problem with
>> reception at higher rates, at 48Mbit there's 30% to 70% packetloss, at
>> 54Mbit even more.
>>

> I've traced the bug to I/Q calibration. A bit-mask is applied to a signed
> value, so the result is a nonsense, which breaks packet reception. A patch
> fixing it was already sent, but probably got lost somewhere:
> https://lists.ath5k.org/pipermail/ath5k-devel/2009-September/002730.html
>
> I'm sending my own patch in a hope it will finally make it through.
>
> Lukas Turek

株式会社 シンクチューブ
海藻 敬之 tka...@thinktube.com
〒658-0032 神戸市東灘区向洋町中6−9 KFMビル 4E-10