On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 09:46:08AM +0530, Raghu Ramaraj wrote:

> Hi,
>         Thanks for your response...
>
> I got the driver from "compat-wireless-2010-04-04" and installed in 2.6.32
> kernel (Davinci platform DM6567t). We have a PCI arbiter to share the bus.
> After doing "ifconfig ath0 up" or scan, I am getting the error logs...
>
> What could be the problem?

As I said, it's probable that your hardware (either wireless device or
PCI) doesn't work correctly.

> Could you please give us some background information regarding this error?

Yes - the error refers to the attempt of the driver to turn on the
onboard cpu and then read some values from MMIO space.  This is the
first thing the driver does.  It tries for 200 reads/writes, and if
there is no positive response by then, it gives up.  While the
onboard chip is down, it returns 0xffffffff on every read.

FWIW I have an old Atheros card which behaves in exactly this manner.
So, you can try moving the device to a computer and see if it's the
platform or the device.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com