On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Bruno Randolf <b...@einfach.org> wrote:
> On Wed October 6 2010 11:45:46 Felix Fietkau wrote:
>> >
>> > sure, that would be good! noise floor comes from ath5k_hw though, but
>> > that can easily be moved to common.
>> >
>> > there's so much code which could be shared between ath5k and ath9k...
>>
>> That would need sharing of the channel list and some per-channel data
>> though - so it may need some more code reshuffling...
>
> also - we would need a common way to get ath_common from ieee80211_hw, which
> works for both ath5k and ath9k. right now each has it's own structures. so...
> i'd say: later...

Lets also learn from the iwlwifi issues. The more you share the easier
it is to regress older drivers. So I'd love to share but I think I now
prefer to be more conservative towards code sharing, share only what
we know will not change at all and are 100% confident in, and fork off
a driver every now and then so we can maintain stability on the older
drivers.

  Luis