Hi,

I figure I'll give a 30 second introduction into "sectored antenna" support.

So the AR5212 era chips have four antenna control bits. They're ANTA -> ANTD.

Now, there's some switch table registers. By default the HAL code sets
these up so BB_ANTENNA_CONTROL, BB_SWITCH_TABLE1 and BB_SWITCH_TABLE2
map to "idle", "stuff with antenna 1" and "stuff with antenna 2." This
is for non-sectored operation. I can go into more detail here if you'd
like.

For sectored operation, you don't leave ANTA:ANTD up to the switch
table. You control the TX antenna configuration and you use the single
"omni" antenna for receiving frames (normal RX, RTS, listening for ACK
too I guess.) There's four antenna config bits in the TX descriptor
for each rate attempt, along with DEFANT for the omni antenna
configuration. In this mode (sector AP mode) its up to the driver and
wifi stack to track the per-client, per-sector behaviour and choose an
optimal sector configuration for that.

The 11n chips have something but not quite similar for this kind of
antenna selection.

So, if you have a modified NIC that exposes ANTA->ANTD and you can
make up a sectored antenna configuration + omni antenna configuration,
I can attempt to help you. I haven't done this myself; I'm just going
on what I have here.

Thanks,

Adrian