Hi Beat,

> I'm trying to use again mac driver (ath5k) instead of old madwifi driver for
> atheros cards.

What version of madwifi do you use: vanilla source from svn repository
or something like openwrt madwifi package?

In january of 2012, we done a performance comparision of madwifi from
openwrt against ath5k from compat-wireless and got the same result.
Ath5k showed poor performance in access point mode and just lower
performance in station mode.

Some details about our testing:
- ar5414 based cards
- celeron 700 MHz based host boards
- 4 address (WDS) mode enabled (traffic source and sink were located
on external devices)
- fixed at 54M bitrate
- signal level -41...-39 dBm
- Bursting and FF features are switched off

--
BR,
Sergey