Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much on your mail.
I am novice in linux and definitely not an expert.

The issue is as under:
I have debian 6.0.a squeeze installed in my AMD processor computer.
kernel is 2.6.32-5-686
32 bit version. RAM 2gb,
HDD 500gb. [sata disk]
OS installed in the partition /dev/sda7.

the wireless hard ware I have is Netgear N-150.
the command lsusb returns the hw as
"Netgear N-150 < Atheros ar9271 >

I have installed the firmware for ar9271 from the Internet.
I down loaded latest 22-06-2011 compat driver.
the command "make" does not compile the necessary module.
When i explored /compat-wireless-yyy-mm-dd/compat folder, I found that the
command
"make" had generated number of doc"o" files based on the kernel from the
dot"c" files.

the said folder had dot"c" files for kernel ver compat-2.6.14.c onwards.
how ever dot"o" files were getting generated from 2.6.33 and above only.

hence i was not able to configure the wireless usb drive.

I took the best option of using "ndiswrapper" and configured the wireless
with "windows driver".

Thanks once again for your kind response to my mail.

Sivaraman
Chennai, India