I bet there's some RF leaking out, either from the TX, or maybe the PLL/clock.

Unfortunately it's the kind of thing you can only diagnose with a
sensitive spectrum analyser.

I had that problem with a box w/ two (high powered) NICs in 2ghz mode,
and I only discovered this issue with a spectrum analyser. I found
that there was enough RF leaking in/out of the u.fl connectors and
(cheap) cable that it started counting as interference.

Silly, but true. :)

Adrian