Graham wrote:
> priorities would be a really useful thing to have in Atom
        There are many useful values that could be associated with either a
feed or an entry. Rather then focusing on one of them I think we would be
best served by created methods to express classes of them in a predictable
way.
        For instance:
        1. At PubSub, we would like to insert the "PubSub LinkRank" into
items that we publish. This would allow newsreaders to sort entries based on
the LinkRank of their sources.
        2. It might be interesting to allow entries or feeds to carry the
current "value" of the feed as listed on the BlogShares.com exchange.
Newsreaders might find this useful for sorting/filtering, etc.
        3. I'd like to insert geo-tags of some sort.
        4. After doing classification of the content of an entry, we'd like
to insert the results into the entry. i.e. indicate which DMOZ
classification our classifier thinks the entry falls under.
        Etc.
        Most of these things could be quite nicely handled by a simple
"tag/value" structure. Something like:

        <prop name="LinkRank">333</prop>
        <prop name="BSValue">$33.03</prop>
        <prop name="classification">politics</prop>
        <prop name="priority">very_high</prop>

        Let's focus on the mechanism for communicating properties rather
then the specific properties that are to be communicated.

                bob wyman