Graham wrote:

Well, for that example, it's not so necessary. But I've heard of one suggested usage being:

<content src="body.html" type="text/html" />

Which would require reloading to maintain feature parity with non-external content.

http://atompub.org/2004/10/20/draft-ietf-atompub-format-03.html#rfc.section.5.10.2

"If the value of type begins with "text/" or ends with "+xml", the content SHOULD be local; that is to say, no "src" attribute should be provided."

If you want to suggest language that describes the bad things that could happen when people ignore that recommendation, I would be happy to include it.

Robert Sayre