On 26/1/05 2:16 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like the proposal in general though I wonder why an absolute URI is
> required.

One of the intended uses is for when a browser downloads a feed resource to
disk, and then hands that file to an atom handler application. Once that
happens, the original location context is lost.

> Since aggregators already have to support xml:base it would be logical
> to make that a relative URI.

A relative URI would only be useful if there is in fact an xml:base in
effect. With no xml:base then the relative reference would be useless.

We could either write some spec text for that unusual requirement, or we
could write "MUST be absolute". Simplicity.

e.