Robert Sayre wrote:
'atom:head elements MUST contain at least one atom:link element with a rel attribute value of "alternate".'

Point taken. How about 'atom:head elements MUST contain at least one atom:link element with a relation of "alternate".'

Can't we just get rid of the defaulting? That would make the spec simpler with little additional verbosity in the instance documents.

 I think this should come with the following URL:
 <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/spec-20011203.html>

I don't want to refer to OASIS's URLs.

Why not? Aren't they considered to be stable?

I couldn't find any standards track documents that reference them. I guess we could link it up in the HTML document, but note that the W3C docs are linked either.

For instance <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/references.html#ref_RELAXNG> and <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3470.html#RELAX-NG>.

Best regards, Julian

-- <green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760