On Feb 5, 2005, at 6:26 AM, Joe Gregorio wrote:

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:25:50 -0800, Mark Nottingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My preference would be something like

This specification assigns no significance to the order of atom:entry
elements within an Atom Feed Document. Atom Processors MAY present
entries in any order, unless a specific ordering is required by an
extension.

(I.e., I could come up with the UseLexicalOrdering extension, and
require processors to understand it to use the feed, assuming our
extensibility model supports that, which I very much hope it will).

-1 Atom is a Must Ignore format.

What does that mean? SOAP is a "Must Ignore format," but it also has a way of saying that you have to understand a particular extension; as I said before, this is one of the big problems with HTTP. mustUnderstand should be used sparingly, but sometimes it's necessary.

-- Mark Nottingham http://www.mnot.net/