Henry Story wrote:

I think that the complexity that this proposal is proof of its failure.

If you look at a Feed document as simply a sliding window view into
the historical state of entries instead a sliding window view into the
current state of entries (though as I have shown these can overlap),`
then you have your archive document already.

Choice of model will not make an iota of difference to the core spec. I could sit here and claim that sliding window makes reordering impossible - that would be about as jaundiced and prejudicial a view as I've seen spat out about current state. What good is this doing?

Can we please desist from arguing over models? Five years out we can determine if there is a sufficiently powerful model to explain syndication based on the data. Not now.

cheers
Bill