The PaceRepeatIdInDocument tries to set the constraints in the Identity construct whereas the constraint should have gone on the individual elements.

Instead I would replace the following in the spec:

------------
4.5 The "atom:id" Element

The "atom:id" element is an Identity construct that conveys a permanent, universally unique identifier for an entry or feed.
------------

with

------------

4.5 The "atom:versionId" Element

The "atom:versionId" element is an Identity construct that conveys a permanent, universally unique identifier for an entry or feed. There can only be one entry
per feed document with the same id.

4.6 The "atom:entryId" Element

The "atom:entryId" element is an Identity construct that conveys a permanent, universally unique identifier for an entry or feed. There can be more
than one entry per feed document with the same id.

------------

Note:
atom:versionId is the what I have called elsewhere the equivalence id relation
atom:entryId is what I have called the functional id relation

The above will allow the feed format to also be used as an archive format
if needed.

It clearly distinguishes the two types of ids that were hidden
in the ambiguous text that PaceRepeatIdInDocument tried to disambiguate one
way and others tried to disambiguate the other way.

As such it correctly resolves an ambiguity by allowing both options.

Henry Story

Ps. text above written quickly cause I have to go do some exercise.