Paul Hoffman wrote:

What is the technical reasons for the SHOULDs and MUSTs? Where is the interoperability issues within the protocol (not with readers that don't know what the protocol looks like)? What are the potentials for causing harm? I'm not saying there are none; I'm saying let's choose our levels based on what we are supposed to be choosing from.

If none of them are MUST, there is no social recourse when tracking down problems or seeking social understanding. Where did this feed come from? Who makes alternates? What's this all about?

Robert Sayre