One way to look at this is to define what parts are local content as opposed to caches of remote, and base the Etag or other hash on that.

I still think we should address caching in Atom 1.0. This would
have been part of that. Scaling is an essential thing for syndication,
and caching is the best known way to scale.

wunder

--On Thursday, April 07, 2005 02:48:07 PM -0400 Bob Wyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>