Robert Sayre wrote:

David Powell wrote:

I recently tried to render a bunch of Atom entries as an HTML page and I hit a problem. I think it is probably worth mentioning now in case any implementors hadn't noticed it:

Atom supports xml:base anywhere in the document, so different entries
can have different base-URIs. HTML, however, doesn't support xml:base.
This makes it difficult to display multiple entries on a HTML page.

I think we need to update the draft and stress that (X)HTML content is not subject to xml:base processing.

Why would we would mandate short-circuiting xml:base processing for XHTML via spec text, but default namespace processing via markup signals? Consistency would suggest some kind of wrapper/marker for xml:base.

cheers
Bill