> That's not good enough. You have to demonstrate an interop problem to
> say SHOULD or MUST.

Interop with *what*, Robert? What's the baseline?

No aggregator *requires* a title... one can be synthesized.

No aggregator *requires* an id... links, hashes, and so on do the job
sufficiently for most purposes.

No aggregator *requires* a date... if one's not attached, we can just
slap on the date we acquired the entry.

And so on... I honestly can't think of a single child of atom:entry
that is required for interop. In which case, the only MUST in the spec
would be "atom:entry MUST contain at least one child element of some
kind. Have fun with that."

No one needs Atom for producing a title-and-link feed. It's overkill,
and pointless. The juice in Atom is in the handling of content...
providing for explicit summaries, and clearly defined payload types.

--
Roger Benningfield