On 3 May 2005, at 5:52 pm, Tim Bray wrote:

I scanned them and nothing objectionable leapt out at me, but please, could a few more people also have a look?

The only thing I noticed was the href attribute definition:

"The value MAY be a relative URI, and if so, clients MUST resolve it to a full URI (section 5 of [RFC2396]) using the document's base URI (section 12.4 of HTML 4 [W3C.REC-html401-19991224])"

I'd be happier with "the document's base URI" being replaced with "the prevailing base URI", since the current wording could easily be misinterpreted as meaning only the URI it was loaded from.

(Yes, I'm aware an HTML or XHTML document only has a single base URI for the whole thing, and that the section 12.4 referenced is the <base> element definition, but it took me a while to look that up)