Bill de hÓra wrote:

Sam Ruby wrote:

Bill de hÓra wrote:

PaceFeedIdOrAlternate, withdrawn, no comment
PaceFeedIdOrSelf  0
PaceOptionalFeedLink +1

I agree with the rationale; no point making people things they can't do. I'm assuming that if PaceOptionalFeedLink goes through feed:id is a MUST.

On what do you base that assumption?

That there is consensus we'll want to identify a feed, even if we can't provide a link.

At the moment, there is not such a proposal on the table for the chairs to even determine if there is consensus around it.

My take (as a non-chair) is that after a lengthy discussion about this, people did want *something* that they could use to identify the feed. Some initially rallied around feed link, some around id, some around feed rel=self. A number of proposals surfaced.

The one proposal on the table that has a chance is PaceFeedIdOrSelf, but it is in trouble.

So, at current course and speed, I see us coming to a conclusion that feed link be made optional with nothing to replace it.

- Sam Ruby