--On Friday, May 20, 2005 09:33:01 AM -0400 Robert Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Those are three terrible use cases. Shall we go through every element in the format and evaluate their fitness for scientific journals, legal documents, and legislation?

Here is a list of 341 scientific journals with RSS feeds. Soem of these use a single author element with multiple authors crammed in, some use multiple author elements. The author elements have other problems, like "Binks, J. J." vs. "Jar Jar Binks", but that is something that the WG has ruled out of scope.

 http://www.library.unr.edu/ejournals/alphaRSS.aspx

We really should use "creator" instead of "author". Author is
nonsense for photoblogs. We can do a lot of things with Atom, but
reinventing Dublin Core badly should not be one of those.

+1 for multiple author elements.
+1 for "creator" instead of "author", if anyone wants to go there.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
Principal Architect