On 22/5/05 7:49 AM, "Robert Sayre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>         Atom should support atom:modified to permit the temporal-ordering of
>> members of sets that share the same atom:id and atom:updated values. This
>> has nothing to do with versioning.
>
> What does atom:id have to do with temporal ordering?

It is used to select the members of the set which is to be temporally
ordered. It's not used in the ordering itself, of course.

In other words - if we have a set of entries, all with the same atom:id,
then atom:modified can be used to temporally order them. This is
particularly pertinent to those subsets which are defined by the entries
having the same atom:updated values.

e.