I'm sorry to raise this "issue" back again but...

The Atom Publishing Protocol defines SOAP bindings. This (in my mind) means there will be WSDL files over there. WSDL rely on XML Schema which in turn are limited to deterministic content models.

Will the APP limit "Atom entries in SOAP envelopes" content model to fit WSDL/XML Schema constraints (actually, the APP will already need to limit Atom entries to have a mandatory atom:content I think)?

Or should the Atom Syndication Format use deterministic content models to allow XML Schema, thus such uses as WSDL for Web Services?

I'm personally in favor of the second one, as it also simplifies Atom parser/processor development.

--
Thomas Broyer