On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 10:36:33AM -0600, Antone Roundy wrote:

> >I'm reminded of
> >http://internetalchemy.org/2005/04/unique-name-assumption
> >
> > "Two sons and two fathers went to a pizza restaurant. They ordered
> > three pizzas. When they came, everyone had a whole pizza. How can
> > that be?"
>
> Possible answer [snip]

They participated in collective ownership, "had" being an indication
of possession, not of eating.

(The question isn't terribly well phrased, because the 'and' in "Two
sons and two fathers" strongly suggests, to me at least, that they are
distinct sets.)

James

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                               uncertaintydivision.org