Robert Sayre wrote:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fondantfancies.com%2Fblog%2Fatom1%2F

:)

Oh, is it upgraded to be a 1.0 validator? front page talks about 0.3 still...

I've just downloaded Jing, been checking things that way using:

   java -jar jing-20030619/bin/jing.jar -c atom.rnc  a2.xml

Talking of which...

I was just now hesitating as to whether to post this, but here goes. I think
there seems to be a non-empty class of XML documents which parse as
both RDF/XML and as Atom 1.0. This class may be (a) ugly (b) quirky
(c) a frustratingly small subset of Atom 1.0, but it ... seems to exist.

I've just check in this evening's experiments; thanks to Norm for some
Relax-NG handholding btw.

According to Jing and atom.rnc,

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/samples/atom/a1.xml

...seems to be acceptable as Atom. I took the tiny example from the spec,
added some RDF'y bits, and fed it to some validators.

According to the RDF Validator, it's also RDF/XML (we omit the top level
rdf:RDF, so RDF tools would need some other way, eg. media type, to get
a clue that it could be parsed into triples).

More notes at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/samples/atom/notes.html

Let me emphasise that I'm not claiming these Atom docs "are" reasonably
interpreted as RDF. Just that they seem to, by happy coincidence as it were, at least share a syntax with RDF. The intepretation of this syntactic state of affairs is
up for discussion.

cheers,

Dan

ps. congrats everyone on getting Atom 1.0 out the door!