Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 12:44:51 AM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

> You misunderstood what I said. The point is that regardless of
> how the base URI is determined (whether it is embedded in content
> or otherwise), it *means* that the content it applies to was
> actually found at the base URI. It’s not simply any arbitrary old
> prefix defined for convenience.

Why does xml:base allow for relative base URIs and stacking then? If
xml:base can only describe the actual source URI of the document, then
these features don't make sense.

The example in the xml:base spec [1] uses a relative URI in the
<olist xml:base="/hotpicks/"> element, after defining an absolute URI in
<doc xml:base="http://example.org/today/";> at the top of the document.
If xml:base can only describe the source URI, then one of them must be
lying?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/#syntax

--
Dave