* James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-21 23:15]:
> Feedback requested.

I like it so far; comments follow (no pun intended).

> /root provides the URL (dereferencable) to the Atom feed that
> contains the original entries and may appear within atom:feed
> and/or atom:entry

Why is this restricted to being an Atom feed? Shouldn’t @type
govern the precise meaning? Should linking to other kinds of
resources, such as a weblog with the appropriate autodiscovery
tags in its HTML or to a FOAF file, be outlawed? If not, are
there any SHOULD/MUST requirements for linked resources?

> /in-reply-to provides the atom:id (not dereferencable) of an
> original atom:entry and may appear within atom:feed or
> atom:entry. in-reply-to on the feed level indicates that all
> of the entries within the feed are considered replies to the
> identified atom:entry.

Is it legal if it appears at both levels? And what does it mean
then?