James Cerra wrote:

> With RDF-compatible data-oriented namespaces, they are often appended with a
> "/" or a "#" or another separator for consistency.  If Atom followed this
> pattern, the above might be:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom#feed
>
> where the namespace URI is:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom#
>
> I think this is a good idea and that the Atom Spec should use a hash mark at
> the end like that.  The spec authors just want to annoy us RDF folks, I
> think.
> ;-)  Of course "it is too late to change."

It is too late to change it. In RDF, it's all URIs, not namespaces, not
qnames, not something-else, so it doesn't matter if you work to spec.
This only comes up when you are trying to roundtrip RDF through RDF/XML
(since XML namespaces is such a flaky technology, depending on it leaves
you exposed to roundtripping issues).  RDF itself doesn't have the
notion of a vocabulary that you might want to corden off in a namepace.
Arguably, RDF technologies which are baking in 'using prefix as uri' are
building on sand.

[All of which reinforces my belief that XML Namespaces are broken as
designed.]

cheers
Bill