Graham wrote:

> On 2 Aug 2005, at 5:41 am, James Cerra wrote:
>

>> <id>
>>   http://example.com/
>> </id>
>>
>> <id>http://example.com/</id>
>>

> Those are different ids ("Processors MUST compare atom:id elements on  a
> character-by-character basis"), and the first is just plain  invalid.
> Why on earth would you think otherwise?

The design intent of character-by-character cmp as I understood was for
the URI contained by the element. I think confusing the element content
with the URI is a spec bug. It's unreasonable to expect people to think
they're not the same id and this will be a souce of needless problems
unless we fix it.

cheers
Bill